ROTTCO’s business is conducted in accordance with values such as respect for local communities and the environment. Before anything else, ROTTCO is a family business that wants its success to be beneficial for other Romanian entrepreneurs, to bring prosperity for local businesses and that the c taxes and dues it pays to have a long term and substantial contribution to improving the Romanian economy in particular and the Romanian society in general.
By strictly controlling the origin of the oil products, ROTTCO makes sure that all the types of fuel it sells are within the legal pollution limits and comply with the EU environment regulations and standards. ROTTCO makes sure that the fuel it sells come from refineries that abide by the strictest environmental requirements and that the refining process had a limited impact on the local communities as well as natural ecosystems.
By strictly controlling the origin of the fuel it sells, ROTTCO makes sure that all the fuel it sells have been properly taxed and that they do not come from or finance illegal activities.
ROTTCO is committed to the ten fundamental principles of the United Nations Global Compact corporate initiative and fosters fair and sustainable business policies and practices.
Through the Global Compact, the United Nations aims to establish a global code of conduct for sustainable business policies and practices.
• The corporate initiative came about through the collaboration of:
• Civil society
The Global Compact principles relate to:
• Human rights
– Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights
– Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses
• Labor standards
– Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining
– The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour
– The effective abolition of child labour
– The elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
• Environmental protection
– Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
– Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
– Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
– Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.